In this article What is Information we give the information about Collecting and presenting data in a systematic manner is called information.
What is Data?
Data does not require information, whereas information requires data. It is made up of unorganized facts that have no meaning, whereas information organizes the data and makes it meaningful. Data may be purposeless, whereas information has its own purpose.
Introduction to data:-
Data is a type of unorganized data, which is processed and organized, because no person will be able to understand any information by just giving the data. The word data originates from the Latin word ‘datum’, which means something given. Whereas data includes facts, indicators, text and other details.
Data is typically used by researchers, scientists or experts. Actually, experts use data to create records.
Introduction to information:-
Collecting and presenting data in a systematic manner is called information. The word information is derived from the Latin word informare, which means to give form. There is some meaningful information inside the information, from which some conclusion is being drawn. Along with this, it provides meaning to the data and also increases its credibility. Information is created only by refining the data.
Introduction to DBMS:-
- The full name of DBMS is Database Management System.
- DBMS is software which is used to create, delete and manage the database.
- In other words, “DBMS is a software application that is used to store, manage, delete and access data in the database.”
- DBMS is a group of programs that act as an interface between the user and the database.
- There are many commands in DBMS with the help of which the user can easily create the database, manage the database and delete the database.
Definition of DBMS:
“DBMS is a software application used to store, manage, delete, and access data in a database.”
Difference between DBMS and File System
|DBMS is software by which the database is managed.
|File system is a way of storing files in a computer.
|Duplicate data cannot be stored in it.
|Duplicate data can be stored in this.
|DBMS provides the facility to take backup.
|file system does not provide the facility to take backup.
|DBMS is much more complex.
|It is less complex.
|It provides more security.
|File system provides less security.
|It is more expensive.
|It is less expensive.
Characteristics of DBMS:-
Its features are as follows:-
- It can store any type of data. It can store all types of data available on the internet.
- It supports ACID properties. ACID stands for – Accuracy, Completeness, Isolation, and Durability.
- Through DBMS, many users can access the database simultaneously.
- Data can be shared through this.
- There is no data redundancy in it. That means there is no duplicate data.
- It has very strong security, that is, no unknown user can access it.
- If due to some reason the database gets deleted or corrupted then we can take backup of it.